What We Do
Tackling the challenges of pupils faced with learning difficulties? Needing advice and support on social and emotional problems?
We can help.
We are a team of Educational Psychologists and Trainee Educational Psychologists who apply psychology to find solutions and to support the wellbeing and progress of children and young people aged 0 - 25 years. We use consultation to work through complex situations. In addition to work focusing on individual children and young people, we also provide training and systemic approaches to work with groups or at the whole school level. We also provide psychological advice to contribute to the Education Health and Care Needs Assessment process.
What We Offer
Assessment, formulation and advice (not-statutory): a process of information gathering from those who know the child or young person best in a range of settings often using a problem analysis framework. This work is hypothesis driven and aims to inform future intervention.
Critical incident and Bereavement support for schools following a child or adult death.
Therapeutic intervention to support the emotional health and wellbeing of children and young people.
Training to enable staff to provide therapeutic and other interventions.
Statutory guidance to the LA to contribute to the Education Health and Care Needs Assessment process.
Educational Psychology consultation can address areas including:
- Assessments of bilingual learners
- Precision Teaching
- Autism friendly classrooms/AET
- Emotionally based school refusal
- Circle time training
- Motivational Interviewing
- Promoting positive behaviour in the classroom
- Understanding and managing challenging behaviour
- Nurturing classrooms and approaches
- Solution focused approaches
- Childhood and Development Trauma
- ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistants)
This is not an exhaustive list!
Why Choose Us?
- All of our Educational Psychologists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and receive regular supervision and Continued Professional Development.
- We work with integrity and to the highest standards of service delivery.
- We seek informed consent from all users of our service.
- We take seriously our safeguarding responsibility to children and young people.
- Our services are highly valued by schools and settings.
Charges are dependent on the level of support required and are available within the EPs Brochure for academic year 2019-2020 – quotations can be provided on request.
EPS Brochure 2019/2020