Dr Severine Thompson - Educational Psychologist
I trained as a primary school teacher and have taught in primary schools across both Birmingham and Sandwell for over 10 years. In that time, I have been an assistant head teacher and SENDCo and have held responsibility for co-ordinating subjects and year groups as well as being part of the SMT.
I trained as an EP at The University of Birmingham in 2008 – 2011. I have worked as a trainee EP in Leicestershire for two years before going on to work in Staffordshire and then Walsall and now Telford and Wrekin as an EP.
I have experience supporting schools in the implementation and evaluation of using a structured approach for youngsters with autism and attachment type difficulties and support schools through using functional behavioural analysis (FBA) and multi-element-plans when planning provision around behaviour.
My professional interests are in:
- Specific difficulties acquiring basic literacy and numeracy skills
- SEMH (particularly autism and attachment)
My Research interests are in:
- Precision Teaching and computer based programmes
- Story telling and drama as therapeutic interventions
- Parental engagement (around mental health)