How to Access the Service
Local Authority Commissioned/Core Criteria for Children and Young People 0-25
The Local Authority may provide Educational Psychology support to schools/settings if the following criteria apply:
- The Local Authority seeks Psychological Advice as part of the Education, Health and Care Planning process.
- The Local Authority seeks Psychological Advice for the conversion of a Statement of Special Educational Needs to an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- The Local Authority seeks advice to inform changes in placement or provision.
- The child or young person is in care.
- The child has additional needs and is aged between 0-5.
- Critical Incident and Bereavement Response Support is available to schools following the sudden death of a staff member or pupil. In some cases this may include associated specialist casework.
- The pupil requires specialist therapeutic provision.
Schools can also access Educational Psychology through traded work.
Telford brochure for 2017/2018